Pick your position(s) and shifts now!
1. Choose your registration category – Volunteers, Stake Boat Holders, Boat Drivers and Lifeguards, or Captains/Ambassadors/Translators
2. Pick your POSITION(s) and SHIFTS
3. Click NEXT and LOGIN to your existing account – OR – CREATE an account if you do not have one already
4. Input your MOBILE PHONE NUMBER and your DATE OF BIRTH. Then INITIAL the liability waiver
5. REVIEW your schedule and CLICK CONFIRM – you will receive a confirmation email with more details.
With 1,700 athletes from 60+ countries in attendance, nearly 2,000 volunteers will be needed to make this event a huge success. Training and orientation will be provided prior to the event to help volunteers prepare and to answer any questions. Some of the volunteer areas are:
“Volunteers will be the backbone of the 2017 World Rowing Championships. Without them, this event wouldn’t be able to function.”
-Morgan Skillman, Volunteer Coordinator
2,000 volunteers will be needed for the 2017 World Rowing Championships
If you’d like to become a volunteer, you can register here
You must be 16 years old or older.
Volunteers will be needed for: Parking and transportation, timing, ticketing, language services, competition, media center, information center, entertainment area, airport greeters, and more.
Yes. This spring, an event registration site will launch. Those who have already signed up to volunteer will be given first choice as to what position(s) they’d like to be a part of.
All volunteers will receive 2017 World Rowing Championships apparel, specific to your volunteer position, such as: t-shirt, hat, bag, lanyard with badge, etc.
Yes! The 2017 World Rowing Championships seek volunteers who speak English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Mandarin and more.
Volunteers will work a minimum of 3 shifts over the entire span of the event.
Yes. Multiple training sessions will be offered before the event in September in the Sarasota-Bradenton area. You will be required to attend one.
If you are living outside the state of Florida, or in another country, an online training course will be offered to volunteers who cannot make the in person training session.
E-Mail will be the primary method of communication, however, the 2017 World Rowing Championships Volunteer Facebook page will be updated on a weekly basis with important information. You can also contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a volunteer, you’ll get to experience a world-class, international event. You’ll learn new skills and get to interact with fellow volunteers, athletes, coaches, and spectators from all around the world, as well as contributing and serving the Sarasota-Bradenton community.
1) Now: Registration
2) Spring 2017: Choose position and shifts
3) August-September: Orientation and training
4) September 23-October 1, 2017: World Rowing Championships