Clean Earth Photo/Video Contest
For rowers, saving the environment is just as significant as winning a gold medal. The water is where they live, work and play.
Leading up to Earth Day, we want to see what you’re doing to protect the planet. Simply send a photo or video to any of our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) showing us why this wonderful place we call Earth is so important to you.
Be sure to use #CleanEarthContest
One lucky winner will receive two (2) complimentary admission tickets to the final Saturday and Sunday of the 2017 World Rowing Championships (WRCH 2017), September 30-October 1. In addition, the winner will receive two (2) tickets to Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, playing at Sarasota’s Asolo Repertory Theater, June 9-July 2.
The deadline to submit is 12:00 p.m. EDT on April 21st. The winner will be announced the next day. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
- WRCH 2017 has unconditional use, in perpetuity, to the photos/videos for all promotional and marketing purposes. The creator may retain the copyright of the photo/video.
- To enter the draw you can be from anywhere in the world, but you must not be a WRCH 2017 or FISA staff member.
- The winner will allow WRCH 2017 to use his or her name and photo/video for promotional purposes.
- WRCH2017 reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without notice.
- The prize will be sent to the address provided by the winners via the social media platform in which the photo/video was submitted.
- The winner must indemnify WRCH 2017 of any responsibility in the event of accident or injury that may occur during the time of taking the photo/video.
The alliance between the international federation and WWF
FISA shares our concern for the environment, which is why, in 2011, the international federation signed a “Clean Water” partnership agreement with the WWF.
The WWF chose rowing to pass on its message about water to a young target audience.
The objective of the partnership between FISA and the WWF:
- Take action to protect water
- Encourage other users to adopt environmentally sustainable practices, especially in terms of water use and management
- Become a leader in the organization of sustainable events
Communication on the issue of “clean water.”